Rich of Calif

One fan of vintage California pottery, and his endless travels down the Poppytrail.

10.31.2006

T-Shirt For Your Inner Aztec


I really like the Metlox Poppytrail Aztec line of dinnerware. Composed of squiggles and spiraling circles, its just goofy enough to be very cool. It was never one of the more popular Poppytrail lines, so you don't see alot around.
Busy making up some Christmas gifts today and worked up what I think is an attractive t-shirt design.
I started with a scan of an Aztec dinnerplate, took the basic bluish-gray Aztec squiggles & spiral and tinted it to a more violet color. Over at Cafepress.com I found a nice yellow t that works perfectly with the design...the Aztec Jr. Ringer T-Shirt. If you too like this design, then head over to Cafepress and buy one or ten. I make a dollar on each one sold. There's a sweet Aztec coffee decanter I've got my eye on that would only cost me a couple hundred t-shirts.

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Anthon Wills said...

Hey! I thought I was the only guy out there with a passion for this pattern. I am planning on building a complete set starting with a very small three inch plate. I have also planned on having the pattern tattooed on my arm. I love it! And am looking forward to getting my tee shirt. Have a great day! Anthonwills@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home