Rich of Calif

One fan of vintage California pottery, and his endless travels down the Poppytrail.

10.27.2006

Tigers Lose Series, I Lose Lion

When I shop on eBay I use a sniping service. Not because I think its important to place a last second bid, but because I have a nasty habit of forgetting the auction until a couple minutes after it ends.
So tonight this wonderful Freeman-McFarlin lion was closing on shopgoodwill.com. My plan was to snag it if it stayed under $50. This is the nice big 20-inch lion, a Kay Finch design. Priceguides peg it a $300 or so, so even with a little chip on the mane I figured I could get a super deal.
Unfortunately for me, at about the time I should have been bidding, I was busy explaining to the Detroit Tigers how to play the game of baseball. And they weren't listening to me. In fact, they refused to listen to me.
So, I missed my chance to place a bid. The auction ended. Final price, $17.05. Ooh, someone got a fantastic steal! So, the final standings...
Happy: St. Louis Cardinals and buyer of Kay Finch lion.
Sad: Detroit Tigers and Rich of Calif.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home