Rich of Calif

One fan of vintage California pottery, and his endless travels down the Poppytrail.

6.25.2007

S-Quire Ceramics at CPI

I've added
a listing for S-QUIRE Ceramics at the California Pottery Index. I don't know much about this company, except that they produced some very nice figures of men and women from their Los Angeles factory in the mid 1940s. Chief designer, probably the brains of the outfit, was someone named Zaida.
Really nice pieces that look much like Kay Finch or Hedi Schoop figurines. Any info on S-Quire or Zaida would greatly appreciated!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger subdude said...

Hi,
I got one of the Zaida figurines in the picture from my mother. It's the blue and white dancer in the first row, second from left. Any idea what it's worth. Excellent condition.
Thanks,
RT

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Rich said...

I'm not real knowledgeable about these, but I would put her in the $50 to $75 range.

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zaida also had her own ceramics Zaida of California. They are very difficult to come by.
If you want an idea of your figurines worth I suggest you check ebay.
Zaida was an amazing women, she was a fan dancer with Sally Rand. Her father was a silent movie actor. She was an animator for Disney and I think both Hanna Barbara (sp?) and American Artists. And she attended Ed Woods wedding! She died in her 90's, had no children but was married to a great guy. He was Larry Grannis a well known DJ in the 60's maybe the 70's. She was my moms cousin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home